The Art Institutes -
Turn your passion into a four-star career. At The Art
Institutes, you'll explore traditional, fundamental cooking skills and
get hands on training in our student-run restaurants.
Experience the cost savings associated with earning your degree online at Colorado Technical University Online. Study online, any time, from the convenience of your home or work PC.
Best of all, It doesn't cost anything to find out more. Financial aid is
available to those who qualify.
Golden Gate University
Earn an online degree that means something in the real world
If you're ready to achieve a higher level of success, Grand Canyon University can help. Our cutting-edge curriculum is designed to give you the real-world experience it
takes to thrive in today’s global marketplace. We offer a variety of flexible, career-focused bachelor’s and master’s programs that can be completed 100% online.
College and University Mascots A-Z Index
This is an incomplete list of U.S. college Mascots, consisting of named incarnations of live, costumed or inflatable Mascots.
Contents: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
Find the Right School
Compare Schools, Colleges, and Universities
Have you begun your college search? Find a college that's right for you with our college search tools.
- Ace Purple - Official Mascot - University of Evansville (Evansville, IN) Purple Aces.
- Ace the Warhawk - Official Mascot - University of Louisiana at Monroe.
- Air Dunker - Inflatable Mascot - Murray State University (Murray, Kentucky) Racers. Cousin of Dunker.
- Albert E. Gator - Male alligator Mascot - University of Florida Gators. The female version is known as Alberta, commonly used for Lady Gator athletics.
- Alphie - Costumed wolf Mascot - University of Nevada-Reno Wolf Pack.
- Archibald Eagle - Official Mascot - University of Southern Indiana.
- Army Mules - Three mules that act as the Mascots - United States Military Academy
- Artie the Fighting Artichoke - Artichoke Mascot - Scottsdale Community College since the early 1970s.
- Athena - Female Mascot - Claremont McKenna College in California.
- Attila - Costumed duck Mascot - Stevens Ducks in Hoboken, NJ.
- Aubie - Costumed Tiger Mascot - Auburn.
- Avalanche the Golden Bear - The costumed bear Mascot - Kutztown University of Pennsylvania.
- Awesome Eagle - Costumed Mascot - Tennessee Technological University Golden Eagles.
- Azul the Eagle - Costumed Mascot - Florida Gulf Coast University.
- Baby Jay - Costumed sidekick and smaller version of Big Jay, the Mascot - Jayhawks - University of Kansas.
- Baby Owl - second Mascot - Temple University; more of a child-friendly Mascot
- Baldwin the Eagle - American bald eagle Mascot - Boston College
- Banana Slug - Mascot - University of California - Santa Cruz; replaced the sea lion in 1986
- Bananas - Black Bear Mascot - University of Maine
- The Battling Bishop - Mascot - Ohio Wesleyan
- The Bearcat - Name of University of Cincinnati Mascot.
- Beaker - Name of Morehead State University Mascot.
- Belle - Costumed female Mascot - Mississippi State University
- Ben - Bulldog Mascot - McPherson College
- Ben Franklin - Costumed Mascot - University of Pennsylvania, which looks like the real Benjamin Franklin, but wears school uniforms and sports a game face at athletic events.
- Benny - Beaver of Oregon State
- Bernie - Costumed St. Bernard dog of Siena College.
- Bevo - Live Texas Longhorn steer Official Mascot - Texas Longhorns.
- Big Al - Costumed elephant Mascot - Alabama Crimson Tide
- Big Blue - Lion Mascot wearing a blue king's crown representing the Old Dominion Monarchs.
- Big Jay - Costumed Mascot - Jayhawks - University of Kansas.
- Big Red - Main Fighting Razorback Mascot - University of Arkansas. Also the blob-like Costumed Mascot - Western Kentucky Hilltoppers and the Daniel Boone like Costumed Mascot - Sacred Heart University Pioneers.
- Big Stuff - Eagle Mascot - Winthrop University.
- Bill the Goat - United States Naval Academy live goat and Costumed Mascot
- The Bird - Costumed Mascot - United States Air Force Academy Falcons
- Bison - Blue bison Mascot - Howard University
- Bison - Mascot - Lipscomb University and Oklahoma Baptist University.
- Black Jack - Costumed Mascot - United States Military Academy at West Point (Army) since 2000
- Blaze - Official Mascot - Alverno College Inferno.
- Blaze - Official dragon Mascot - University of Alabama at Birmingham.
- Blaze - Official maverick (stallion) Mascot - University of Texas at Arlington.
- Blitz - Official bearcat Mascot - Willamette University (OR).
- Blizzard T. Husky - Husky of Michigan Tech. The T stands -. Blizzard can usually be seen ice skating before home hockey games.
- Blue - Live bobcat, one of three Official Mascots - University of Kentucky. Unlike the other two, he never attends home games because of his species' shy nature. He lives at the Salato Wildlife Education Center, a state-run facility in Frankfort.
- The Blue Blob - Blue fuzzy Costumed Mascot, is one of two Official Mascots for Xavier University (Cincinnati) and is especially popular with younger fans.
- Blue Jay - Johns Hopkins University, Polytechnic University.
- The Blue Devil - Costumed student who serves as Mascot - Duke Blue Devils.
- Bobby - Bearcat of Northwest Missouri State University
- Bobcat - Bobcat Mascot - Bates College.
- Bobcat - Costumed Bobcat Mascot - New York University.
- Boilermaker Special - a railroad locomotive replica Mascot (officially) of Purdue.
- Boko - Bobcat Mascot - Texas State University.
- Boll Weevil - Mascot - University of Arkansas - Monticello, named by school president Frank Horsfall in 1925
- Boomer - Bear of Missouri State University.
- Boomer - Bobcat Mascot - Quinnipiac University.
- Boomer - One - two white ponies - University of Oklahoma that pulls the Sooner Schooner (the other pony's name is Sooner). There is both a live pony and Costumed Mascot.
- Boss Hogg - 9-foot tall inflatable Razorback Mascot - University of Arkansas.
- Bruiser - Costumed bear - Baylor Bears & the Belmont University Bruins.
- Bruno - Brown bear of Brown University.
- Brutus - Grizzly Bear of Georgia Gwinnett College.
- Brutus Buckeye - anthropomorphic buckeye Mascot - Ohio State University.
- Bucky the Beaver - Stoic, determined, furry symbol of American River College in Sacramento, CA.
- Bucky Beaver - Nature's engineer, the Mascot - California Institute of Technology, Caltech, in Pasadena, California
- Bucky The Parrot - Costumed parrot is Mascot - Barry University in Florida
- Bucky - Costumed bronc is Mascot - University of Texas - Pan American in Texas
- Bucky (or Bucky Bison) - Costumed bison Mascot - Bucknell University
- Bucky Badger - lovable but mischievous badger - University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Bullet - Live black American Quarter Horse Mascot - Oklahoma State University.
- Bully - Both the live bulldog and the costumed bulldog Mascot - Mississippi State.
- Burrowing Owl -Mascot - Florida Atlantic University.
- Buster Bronco - Official Mascot - Boise State University
- Buster Bronco - Official Mascot - Western Michigan University
- Butch T. Cougar - Cougar of Washington State. The "T" stands for "The".
- Butler Blue II - Living Bulldog Mascot - Butler University.
- Buzz - Costumed Mascot - Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets.
- Cam the Ram - Live male bighorn sheep Official Mascot - Colorado State Rams. It is also the name - costumed ram.
- Camel - Official Mascot - Connecticut College
- Captain Chris - Costumed likeness of Christopher Newport; Mascot - Christopher Newport University.
- Cardinal Bird - Costumed Mascot - Cardinals from the University of Louisville. Sometimes called Red Bird.
- CavMan, aka Chester - Official Mascot - University of Virginia.
- Cayenne - Costumed chili pepper - Ragin' Cajuns of Louisiana-Lafayette.
- Cecil Sagehen - Vicious winged Mascot - Pomona College and Pitzer College in Claremont, CA
- Champ - Costumed Bobcat of Montana State University. Also the costumed Bulldog Mascot - Louisiana Tech University
- Charlie Cardinal - Cardinal Mascot - Ball State University.
- Charlie Oredigger - Official Mascot - Montana Tech.
- Chief Illiniwek - Official symbol - University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Fighting Illini, retired on February 21st 2007
- Chief Osceola and his horse Renegade - Official symbols - Florida State Seminoles.
- Chip - Costumed buffalo Mascot - University of Colorado
- Clawed Z. Eagle - Costumed eagle of American University
- Clyde The Cougar - Costumed cougar Mascot - College of Charleston.
- Cocky - Costumed Mascot - Jacksonville State University Gamecocks
- Cocky - Costumed Mascot - South Carolina Gamecocks
- Colonel Ebirt - Costumed Mascot - College of William & Mary Tribe. The name "Ebirt" is "Tribe" spelled backwards and is a green blob dressed in colonial garb.
- Colonel Reb - Unofficial Mascot - Ole Miss Rebels. Colonel Reb was recently declared the Unofficial Mascot due to controversy over the nature - Mascot.
- Colonel Rock - Bulldog Mascot - Western Illinois Leathernecks. Commonly goes by the nickname Rocky.
- "Corey the Cougar"- Friendly Cougar Mascot - SIU
- Cosmo - Costumed Cougar Mascot - Brigham Young.
- Cowboy Joe - Live Shetland Pony Mascot - University of Wyoming.
- The Crusader - Official Mascot - Valparaiso Crusaders of Valparaiso University.
- Cubby - Second Mascot - Brown University. It is a young, hat wearing bear appealing to young children.
- Cy - Costumed cardinal that serves as the Mascot - Iowa State Cyclones
- Cyrus - Costumed (kilt-clad) Mascot - Presbyterian College Bluehose
- DIBS (Demon In a Blue Suit) - Blue Demon Mascot - DePaul University
- D'Artagnan - Captain - Musketeers - Guard is the Mascot - Xavier University
- Demon Deacon - Mascot - Wake Forest University
- Diego - Mascot - University of San Diego
- Donald Duck - Mascot - Oregon Ducks - University of Oregon
- Duke Dog - Costumed Mascot - James Madison Dukes
- Doc - Costumed Mascot - Towson Tigers
- Dominic - Rambouillet Ram Mascot - Angelo State University
- Don - mastodon of Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne since 1970
- The Don - Mascot - University of San Francisco
- Duncan - Dolphin Mascot - Jacksonville University
- Dunker - Horse Mascot - Murray State University
- Eddie the Eagle - Mascot - Laney College
- Eli the Eagle - Mascot - Oral Roberts University
- Ellsworth the Golden Eagle - Mascot - SUNY Brockport
- The Explorer - Mascot - La Salle University from the La Salle Explorers
- Eutectic - Mascot - St. Louis College of Pharmacy
- The Falcon - Name - United States Air Force Academy Mascot
- The Fighting Okra - Name - Unofficial Mascot - Delta State University since the late 1980s. Has been featured in David Letterman's "Top Ten Worst Mascots List".
- Fighting Pickle - Mascot - University of North Carolina School of Arts since 1975
- Freddie and Frieda Falcon - Costumed Mascots - Bowling Green State University Falcons
- Freddy Falcon - Mascot - University of Wisconsin-River Falls Falcons
- Friar Boy- Mascot - Providence College
- Flash - Mascot - Kent State University Golden Flashes
- Flying C - Mascot - Central Michigan University Chippewas
- Gael Force 1 - Knight Mascot - Saint Mary's College of California.
- Gaylord - Camel Mascot - Campbell University
- General Scott - One of 3 live mule Mascots for Army
- George - Colonial Mascot - George Washington University
- Gladys - Squirrel Mascot - Mary Baldwin College (from the squirrel on their coat of arms)
- Golden Eagle - Marquette Golden Eagles
- Glycerin - Female Knight Mascot - University of Central Florida. The female companion to Knightro
- Golden Griffin - Griffin as a Mascot for Canisius College
- The Golden Knight - Costumed student representing University of Central Florida who rides a white horse, Pegasus
- Goldy the Gopher - University of Minnesota
- Gompei - Bronzed head of a now deceased goat the Mascot - Worcester Polytechnic Institute
- The Governor - Mascot - Austin Peay University
- Gunrock the Mustang - University of California Davis
- Gunston -Green creature with a colonial tri-cornered hat named after Gunston Hall the colonial-period home - namesake of George Mason University
- Gus the Eagle - Georgia Southern University
- Gus the Gorilla - Pittsburg State University
- Gussie - Lve Northern Goshawk Mascot - SUNY New Paltz
- Hairy Dawg - Person costumed as a bulldog, University of Georgia (See also Uga below)
- Handsome Dan - Live bulldog, Official Mascot - Yale Bulldogs and the first Mascot adopted by a university in the USA
- Harry - husky Mascot - University of Washington
- The Hawk - Costumed student who serves as Mascot - Saint Joseph's Hawks; the Mascot flaps its "wings" without interruption (even during halftime) throughout SJU basketball games
- Herbie Husker - Costumed Mascot - University of Nebraska
- Herky the Hawk - Costumed hawk Mascot - University of Iowa
- Herky the Hornet - Costumed hornet Mascot - Sacramento State
- Hey Reb - Costumed Mascot - University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- Hokie Bird - iCostumed Mascot - Virginia Tech
- Hoot - Mascot - Rowan University Profs.
- Hooter - Costumed Owl Mascot - Temple University
- Hook'em - Costumed Longhorn Mascot - University of Texas
- Hoppy - Costumed Bluejay Mascot - Johns Hopkins University
- Hornets - Costumed Mascot - Emporia State University
- Howie the Hawk - Costumed Mascot - University of Hartford
- Howl the Red Wolf - newest Costumed Mascot - Arkansas State University
- Ichabod - Mascot - Washburn University representing its namesake's first name.
- Iggy the Lion - Mascot - Loyola Marymount University.
- Jack the Bulldog - Live Bulldog - Georgetown Hoyas. There is a Costumed Mascot with the same name.
- Jay and Baby Jay - Are costumed Mascots - University of Kansas that are a mythical cross between a blue jay and a sparrowhawk.
- Jinx the Jaguar - Costumed jaguar Mascot - IUPUI
- Joe Bruin and Josephine Bruin - Bruins of UCLA
- Joe Miner - Pickaxe, pistol, and slide rule-toting Mascot - Missouri S&T
- Joe Vandal - Costumed Vandal Mascot - University of Idaho.
- John Poet - Mascot - Whittier College (both named after poet John Greenleaf Whittier)
- Jonathan - husky Mascot - University of Connecticut
- Judge - Live black bear Mascot - Baylor University. The name is also given to the inflatable Costumed Mascot.
- Jumbo - Elephant Mascot - Tufts University
- Junior Smokey - Second costumed blue tick hound Mascot - University of Tennessee that looks younger than the original costumed Smokey (see below), but considers himself as his brother.
- Kasey the Kangaroo - University of Missouri-Kansas City's Costumed Mascot.
- Keggy the Keg - of Dartmouth College (Unofficial, proposed by the Jack-o-Lantern humor magazine).
- Killian the Gael - Mascot - Iona College.
- Knightro - Costumed Knight - University of Central Florida.
- King Husky - Live Husky Mascot - Northeastern University.
- Klawz Da Bear - Costumed bear - University of Northern Colorado.
- Lafitte - Costumed alligator in pirate garb that is the Mascot - University of New Orleans Privateers.
- LeeRoy the Tiger - Costumed Mascot - Trinity University (Texas).
- Leo and Una - Two live lion Mascots - University of North Alabama Lions.
- The Leprechaun - Mascot - Notre Dame Fighting Irish
- Lightning - Costumed blue Pegasus-like creature that is the Mascot - Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders
- Lil' Red - Inflatable-costumed boy Mascot - University of Nebraska–Lincoln
- Lord Jeff - Costumed student Mascot depicting the school's namesake at Amherst College
- LU Bison - Costumed bison Mascot - Lipscomb University
- Lou Wolf - Live wolf Official Mascot - Loyola-Chicago Ramblers; got a major facelift in 2001
- Louie the Laker - Mascot - Grand Valley State University
- Lobo Louie - the costumed wolf Mascot - University of New Mexico
- Louie the Lumberjack - Mascot - Northern Arizona University
- Lucy Lobo - Costumed female wolf companion to Louie Lobo - University of New Mexico
- Lulu - Female Bulldog Mascot - Gardner-Webb University
- Mac T. Bulldog Bulldog male Mascot - Gardner-Webb University
- Magnus - Current Mascot - Cleveland State University
- Marauder - Official Mascot - Millersville University (a marauder is a land pirate)
- Marco - Costumed Buffalo Mascot - Marshall Thundering Herd
- Mario the Magnificent Dragon - Official Mascot - Drexel Dragons
- Marvin the Miner - Colorado School of Mines
- The Masked Rider - One of Official Mascots - Texas Tech Red Raiders
- Mike the Tiger - Live Bengal Tiger Mascot - LSU Tigers, as well as the costumed tiger Mascot.
- Mingus - Costumed jazz cat - Official Mascot for Berklee College of Music.
- Mingo - Costumed Husky Mascot - Houston Baptist University.
- Miss Pawla - Costumed jaguaress - University of South Alabama. She is the girlfriend of Southpaw (see below).
- Mr. C (full name - Mr. Commodore) - Costumed Commodore Mascot - Vanderbilt University
- Mr. Wuf and Mrs. Wuf - Costumed wolf Mascots - North Carolina State Wolfpack.
- MoHarv - Golden Eagle Mascot - University of Charleston in Charleston, West Virginia.
- Mo the Mule - Official Mascot - University of Central Missouri
- Monte the Grizzly bear - University of Montana
- Montezuma the Aztec Warrior - San Diego State University
- Monty the Eagle - Niagara University
- The Mountaineer - West Virginia University student who dresses in pioneer costume as the school's Mascot
- Musty the Mustang - Mascot - California Polytechnic State University
- Nitro the Knight - Official Mascot - FDU Knights
- The Nittany Lion - Mascot - Penn State Nittany Lions
- Norm the Niner - Official Mascot - University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- The Norse - Mascot - Northern Kentucky University, as well as Luther College
- Objee the bear - Coast Guard Academy's Costumed Mascot and, until 1984, a live bear kept on campus.
- Ollie the owl - Brandeis University's Mascot, carrying a gavel (as the nickname is the Judges).
- Oski - Costumed Mascot - California Golden Bears.
- Otto the Orange - Mascot - Syracuse University.
- Owsley - Costumed, burrowing owl Mascot - Florida Atlantic University.
- Ozzie - Costumed osprey Mascot - University of North Florida.
- Pass - Costumed Mascot - Furman University, who rides the white horse Goliath
- Paws - official Costumed Mascot - Western Carolina University Catamounts.
- Paws - Mascot - Northeastern University Huskies.
- Paydirt Pete - Costumed student who serves as a Mascot for University of Texas at El Paso
- PeeDee the Pirate - Costumed student who serves as Mascot for East Carolina University
- Peruna - A Shetland Pony who represents the Southern Methodist University Mustangs
- Pete & Penny - Two Emperor Penguins dressed in scarfs and stocking caps for Youngstown State University
- Peter the Anteater - Mascot based on the "ZOT!"-noise-emitting animal from the comic strip B.C. at the University of California Irvine since 1965
- Petey the Stormy Petrel - Costumed Mascot - Oglethorpe University
- Philip D. Tiger - Greyish yellow Bengal Tiger in a blue and white basketball jersey of St. Philip's College. He is mainly on the walls and in promotional pictures of St. Philip's College. The D. stands for "Da" as in the word "the".
- Phoenix - Costumed Mascot - Elon University (formerly the Fightin'Christians) and - University of Chicago (nickname the Maroons).
- Pioneer Pete - Costumed student who serves as Mascot - California State University, East Bay (Hayward, CA)
- Pirate - Mascot - Seton Hall Pirates at Seton Hall & also Hampton University's nickname -ir athletic department and Mascot.
- Pistol Pete - Costumed student who serves as Mascot - Oklahoma State Cowboys as well as Costumed Mascots - University of Wyoming and New Mexico State University.
- Polar Bear - Mascot - Bowdoin College
- Pork Chop - Kid-sized junior Razorback Mascot - University of Arkansas
- porky - Javelina Mascot - Texas A&M kingsville
- Pouncer - Costumed tiger Mascot - University of Memphis
- Pounce the Blue Panther - Mascot - Georgia State University
- Pounce the Panther - new (for 2007-08) Mascot - Milwaukee Panthers. It is also the official Panther Mascot - Purdue University North Central since 2003.
- Power Cat - tiger Mascot - University of the Pacific
- Prospector Pete - inflated balloon Mascot - Long Beach State
- Prowler - Panther Official Mascot - Eastern Illinois University
- Purple Cow - Gold-spotted Mascot - Williams College
- Puddles - Official name - University of Oregon duck Mascot
- Purple Knight - staff carrying Purple Knight is the Mascot - Saint Michael's College
- Puckman - animated hard-hat wearing walking hockey puck Mascot - Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Purdue Pete - Costumed Mascot - Purdue University
- Q - popular name of Spike Q. Gonzaga, a live bulldog, one of two Official Mascots of Gonzaga University. The "Q" is in honor of former Gonzaga basketball player Quentin Hall.
- The Quaker Man - aka The Fighting Quaker - Puritan-garbed Mascot - Guilford College.
- Racer 1 - Live horse Mascot during football games for Murray State University
- Raider - 1 of 3 live mule Mascots for Army and the Mascot - Colgate University.
- Raider Red - one of Official Mascots - Texas Tech Red Raiders
- Rally - Mascot - University of Vermont Catamounts.
- Ralphie - Live American Bison Official Mascot - Colorado Buffaloes
- Rambling Wreck - 1930 Ford Model A Sports Coupe Mascot - Georgia Tech
- Rameses - Live ram that serves as the Mascot - North Carolina Tar Heels. It is also the name of Costumed Mascot.
- Rammy - Mascot for West Chester University of Pennsylvania.
- Ranger II - 1 of 3 live mule Mascots for Army
- Razor the Shark - Nova Southeastern University
- Reggie Redbird - Illinois State University
- Reveille - Live collie that serves as the Mascot - Texas A&M Aggies and is taken care of by the Corps of Cadets
- Rhett the Boston Terrier - Boston Terrier representing Boston University
- Rhody the Ram - University of Rhode Island
- Ribby - Razorback Mascot - University of Arkansas baseball team.
- RITchie the Tiger - Mascot - Rochester Institute of Technology.
- Riptide - Costumed Pelican Mascot - Tulane University.
- Roar-ee the Lion - Official Mascot - Columbia University. Created in October 2005.
- Roary the Panther - Official Mascot - Florida International University Golden Panthers
- ROC the Panther - Costumed Mascot - Pittsburgh Panthers.
- Rocky - Mascot for Widener University,PA. (Retired October 7, 2006.
- Rocky - Costumed yellowjacket, Official Mascot - University of Rochester
- Rocky the Bull - Mascot - University of South Florida.
- Rocky II the Lion - Mascot - Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania Pride.
- Rocky the Rocket - Mascot - University of Toledo.
- Rodney the Ram - Mascot - Virginia Commonwealth University.
- Rodney the Raven - Mascot - Anderson University.
- Rosie - Costumed elephant Mascot - Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology "Fightin' Engineers."
- Roomie the Lion - Mascot - Southeastern Louisiana University.
- Roongo the Husky - Mascot for Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania.
- Rowdy - Unofficial Mascot - Purdue University (for Official Mascot - see Boilermaker Special)
- Rowdy - a Roadrunner that is Costumed Mascot - California State University, Bakersfield (CSUB).
- Rowdy - a Roadrunner that is the Mascot - University of Texas at San Antonio.
- Rowdy Raider - Mascot for Wright State. It used to be a Viking, but was changed to a wolf in 1997.
- Rowdy the Riverhawk - is the Mascot for UMass Lowell.
- Rowdy the Red Hawk - is the Mascot for Southeast Missouri State University
- Rudy Flyer - Mascot - University of Dayton
- Ruckus - Red-tailed Hawk Mascot - University of Denver
- Rufus - Bobcat Mascot for Ohio University.
- The Saluki Dog - Live animal Mascot - Southern Illinois Salukis
- Sam the Minuteman - Massachusetts Minutemen and Minutewomen
- Sammie Seminole - Athletic logo - Florida State University
- Sammy Seahawk - UNC Wilmington
- Sammy Spartan - San Jose State University, San Jose, California
- Sammy the Owl - Rice University
- Sammy the Slug - Banana slug is the Mascot - UC Santa Cruz. Sammy was named Reader's Digest best college Mascot for 2004.
- Sammy and Samantha Bearkat - Mascots of Sam Houston State University.
- Sasha - University of Houston's female Mascot.
- The Scarlet Knight - Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
- Scorch - Official Mascot - Minnesota State University, Moorhead.
- Scrappy - Owl Mascot - Kennesaw State University
- Scrappy - Eagle Mascot - North Texas Mean Green
- Scrappy - Costumed anthropomorphized mockingbird the Mascot - Chattanooga Mocs
- Scratch - Student in wildcat costume who is one of three Official Mascots - University of Kentucky, two of which attend games. Scratch is a more child-friendly version of "The Wildcat", the other Mascot that attends games.
- Screech A. Eagle - Official Mascot - Northwestern College (Minnesota).
- Scottie - scottie dog Mascot - Agnes Scott College
- Scotty the Bear - A tartan clad highlander bear representing the University of California, Riverside.
- Scrotie - - Rhode Island School of Design
- Sebastian the Ibis - Costumed Mascot - Miami Hurricanes. The Florida ibis according to folklore is the last bird to leave the area before a hurricane and the first bird to come back after the storm. "Sebastian" once carried a corn-cob pipe in its beak.
- Seymour D'Campus - Costumed Mascot - Southern Miss Golden Eagles
- Shadow - Costumed Mascot - Monmouth University (NJ).
- The Shark - Mascot - UNLV. While the school's teams are named the Rebels (Runnin' Rebels - men's basketball only) the Mascot is a shark in honor of former men's basketball coach Jerry Tarkanian nicknamed "The Shark".
- Shasta - Mascot - University of Houston's Houston Cougars - Live cougar for many years; currently a costumed anthropomorphic cougar.
- Shooter - Second generation Red Fox Mascot for Marist College.
- Sir Big Spur - Live rooster at the University of South Carolina since 2006
- Skully - Giant red parrot sidekick - official "Marauder" Mascot - Millersville University
- Skully - Unofficial Mascot - East Carolina Pirates
- Smokey - Live bluetick coonhound, Official Mascot - Tennessee Volunteers. The name is also applied to Costumed Mascot.
- Sooner - One - two white ponies - University of Oklahoma that pulls the Sooner Schooner (the other pony's name is Boomer). There is both a live pony and Costumed Mascot.
- Sooner Schooner - Scale replica of a Conestoga wagon pulled by two ponies and driven by the RUF/NEKS - University of Oklahoma.
- Southpaw - Costumed jaguar - University of South Alabama.
- Sparky - Maroon and gold devil Mascot - Arizona State Sun Devils
- Sparky - Eagle Mascot - Liberty University Flames. The name also applies to the dragon Mascot - Illinois-Chicago Flames.
- Sparty - Mascot - Michigan State University a comical representation of a Spartan hoplite soldier clad in green with an elongated head. Extremely buff but does not talk much.
- Speedy the Geoduck - Mascot - Evergreen State College (Washington).
- Spidey - spider Mascot - Richmond Spiders, inspired by lanky pitcher Puss Ellington in 1894
- Spike - Name given to several costume bulldog Mascots including Gonzaga, Samford,The Citadel Drake as well as the inflatably Costumed Mascot - University of Georgia
- Stag - Male Mascot - Claremont McKenna College.
- The Stag - Costumed Mascot - Fairfield University.
- The Stanford Tree - a dancing conifer of indeterminate species Official Mascot - Stanford Band Unofficial Mascot - Stanford University.
- Stanley the Stag - Costumed Mascot - men's teams - combined athletic program of Harvey Mudd, Scripps, and Claremont McKenna Colleges.
- The Statesman - Official Mascot - Delta State University.
- Sunny the Sunbird Mascot - FPU
- Superfrog - Costumed horned toad Mascot - TCU
- Sue E. Pigg - female Razorback Mascot - University of Arkansas.
- Swoop - Costumed Mascot - University of Utah Utes. "Swoop" is a red-tailed hawk, which is a bird native to the state of Utah.
- Swoop - Costumed Mascot - Eastern Washington University and Emory University - both are eagles.
- Swoop - Costumed Mascot - Eastern Michigan University Eagles. "Swoop" is a bald eagle whose distingiuishing characteristic is his fighting stance where he tends to poke his chest out in pure confidence.
- Swoop the RedHawk - Costumed Mascot - Miami University.
- Sycamore Sam - Happy forest animal costume of no particular species but looks like a blue fox or dog; Mascot - Indiana State Sycamores.
- T.C. - Costumed Mascot - University of Northern Iowa Panthers
- Techh - Live bulldog Mascot - Louisiana Tech University
- Temoc - Costumed comet - University of Texas at Dallas.
- Texan Riderr - Costumed cowboy - Tarleton State University.
- Testudo - Costumed Diamondback Terrapin - University of Maryland College Park.
- Thor - Thunderbird Mascot - Southern Utah University.
- Thresher - threshing stone Mascot - Bethel College.
- Thundercat - physical embodiment - Southern Nazarene Crimson Storm.
- The Tiger - Mascot - Princeton University; the first collegiate Mascot and subject - first organized, recorded cheerleading cheer in 1884. Name reaffirmed as The Tiger in a 2007 referendum
- The Tiger - Mascot - Clemson University
- Tim the Beaver - Mascot - Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Timeout - Costumed Bulldog Mascot - Fresno State
- Toby - Costumed bear Mascot - Mercer University.
- Toby the Tiger - Costumed Mascot - East Texas Baptist University
- Tom the Tiger - Live tiger, son of Tom Sr. - University of Memphis
- Tommy Titan:the Mascot - University of Detroit Mercy.
- Tommy Mo - Costumed Saints Mascot - Thomas More College.
- Topper the Hilltopper - Mascot - St. Edward's University
- Touchdown - Also known as the Big Red Bear Official Mascot - Cornell University was a live bear from 1915 to 1939 when it was replaced with a costume.
- Tough Louie - lumberjack Mascot - Northern Arizona University.
- Traveler - Live white horse the Mascot - University of Southern California who appears during all home football games.
- Tree - Mascot - Stanford band since 1975
- Triton - Mascot - University of California at San Diego
- True Grit - Mascot - University of Maryland, Baltimore County.
- Truman the Tiger - Mascot - University of Missouri and named for former U.S. president Harry S Truman.
- Tuffy - Costumed elephant - Cal State Fullerton Titans.
- Tuffy - Ashland
- Tusk - Live Mascot - University of Arkansas.
- Tyler the Tigerr - Costumed tiger Mascot - DePauw University.
- Vic the Demon - Mascot - Northwestern State University
- Victor E. Bear - Mascot - University of Central Arkansas
- Victor E. Bull - Bull - University at Buffalo
- Victor E. Huskie - Mascot - Northern Illinois University
- Victor E. Panther - Former (graduated/retired) Mascot - Milwaukee Panthers
- Victor E. Viking - Mascot - Portland State University
- Vili - Villiami Fehoko, the Unofficial Mascot - University of Hawaii since 2000
- Vike - former Mascot - Cleveland State Universityy
- Vixen - Mascot - Sweet Briar College
- Waldo - Mascot - State University.
- War Eagle VI - Golden eagle Mascot - Auburn University.
- Wally Pilott -Mascot - University Of Portland a new Mascot is in production.
- Wilbur Wildcat and Wilma Wildcat - married Costumed Mascots - University of Arizona.
- Wild E. Cat - Official costumed Wildcat Mascot - University of New Hampshire.
- The Wildcat - Costumed student who is one of three Official Mascots - University of Kentucky, two of which attend games. It is also the Mascot - Davidson College, but is also named Mr. Cat.
- Wildcat Willy - the Mascot - Northern Michigan University.
- Will D. Cat - Costumed wildcat of Villanova University.
- Willie Warhawk - the costumed hawk Mascot - University of Wisconsin-Whitewater.
- Willie the Wave - Costumed Mascot - Pepperdine University
- Willie the Wildcat - Costumed wildcat Mascot - Northwestern University and Kansas State University. Despite having the same name, the two have very different appearances.
- Wolfie - Mascot - Stony Brook University and Western Oregon University.
- WuShock - an anthropomorphic shock of wheat; the Mascot - Wichita State University.
- Yellow Jacket - (CU) Costumed Mascot - Cedarville University.
- Yeomen - (Oberlin) Mascot - Oberlin College's Varsity Teams.
- YoUDee - (UD) Blue Hen a Costumed Mascot - University of Delaware.
- Yosef - (ASU) Mountaineer a Costumed Mascot - Appalachian State University.
- Zippy the Kangaroo - Akron University
Higher education is provided by colleges, universities, vocational universities
(community colleges, liberal arts colleges, and technical colleges,
etc.) and other collegial institutions that award academic degrees.
University of Phoenix
With convenient class locations as well as online learning, University of Phoenix makes quality higher education highly accessible. Whether you’re seeking an associate’s, bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral degree, we can help you reach your goal while you work—and much sooner than you might expect.
In fact, University of Phoenix has helped thousands of students achieve the higher education they need to achieve higher success. We can help you too.
Find out more.
At DeVry University, we understand your time and money are valuable. So whether you need to study days, nights or even weekends, we can help you design a schedule that will work for you. You can earn your degree at one of our 90+ locations, online, or through a mix of both. However you choose to do it, you can achieve your goals with our affordable tuition, numerous available scholarships, and other financing options for qualifying students.