Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.
Powered by Campus Explorer
Caddo Parish is a parish located in the state of Louisiana. Based on the 2010 census, the
population was 254,969, making it the
fourth-most populous parish in Louisiana. Caddo Parish was
created on January 18, 1838. The parish
seat is Shreveport. Caddo Paris is named
in honor of the Caddo Native American people.
Caddo Parish is included in the Shreveport-Bossier City Metropolitan Statistical Area.
The parish was named in honor of the Caddo Native American people.
County QuickFacts: CensusBureau Quick Facts
Caddo Parish was created on January 18, 1838, from Natchitoches Parish and the parish was named in honor of the Caddo Native American people. The Parish seat is Shreveport.
As reported by the Census Bureau, the parish has a total area of 937 square miles (2,430 km2), of which 978 square miles (2,530 km2) is land and 58 square miles (150 km2) (6.2%) is water.
Caddo Parish is located in northwest Louisiana. The Parish of Caddo covers 852 square miles with its borders being, Arkansas to the north, the Red River to the east, Texas to the west and DeSoto Parish to the south. Part of the Red River National Wildlife Refuge is located in this parish.
Bordering parishes and counties are as follows:
The Caddo Parish School Board operates public schools.