Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.
Powered by Campus Explorer
St. Helena Parish is a parish in the state of Louisiana. Based on the 2010 census, the population was 11,203. Its seat is Greensburg. The parish
was created in 1810.
St. Helena Parish is part of the Baton Rouge, LA Metropolitan Statistical Area.
The parish was named in honor of Saint Helena
County QuickFacts: CensusBureau Quick Facts
St. Helena Parish was created on April 24, 1811, from the County of Feliciana and the parish was named in honor of Saint Helena. The Parish seat is Greensburg.
The parish is one of the eight "Florida Parishes", areas that were once part of colonial West Florida. It was annexed to the Orleans Territory in 1810, after the short-lived Republic of West Florida capitulated to the United States. In 1832, the southern section of the parish was taken to form Livingston Parish; the courthouse was moved to Greensburg, where it remains today. St. Helena lost another portion of land in 1866, which was added to land from Washington and Livingston Parishes in 1868, to form Tangipahoa Parish
As reported by the Census Bureau, the parish has a total area of 409 square miles (1,060 km2), of which 408 square miles (1,060 km2) is land and 1.1 square miles (2.8 km2) (0.3%) is water
Bordering parishes and counties are as follows:
The Elementary and High School in St. Helena Parish are part of the St. Helena Parish School System. The Middle School in St. Helena Parish is part of the Recovery School District of Louisiana.