Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.
Powered by Campus Explorer
The museums at the Ogden Union Station have been designated the Utah State Railroad Museum in 1988 (Utah Code). Visitors are treated
to a variety of interactive and pictoral displays and artifacts illustrating the construction of the transcontinental railroad.
The Maintenance of Way exhibit includes a rail handcar and an locomotive cab. The Wattis-Dumke Model Railroad recreates Northern Utah's rail topography. Model trains zip through significant regional features including the Sierra Nevada, the Lucin Trestle across the Great Salt Lake, Ogden Union Station with Historic 25th Street, Weber Canyon, Dale Creek, Wyoming, and much more.
The historic train depot will be 90 years old in
2014 and has been the location to the Utah State Railroad Museum featuring the Wattis-Dumke Model Railroad and the Spencer S. Eccles and Hope Fox Eccles
Rail Center and the John M. Browning Firearms Museum for 35 years. The Browning - Kimball Classic Car Museum has been open nearly as long and the Utah
Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum opened in June 2013. The Utah State Railroad Museum, John M. Browning Firearms Museum and Browning Kimball Classic
Car Museum can be visited Monday -Saturday 10am to 5pm. One ticket will get you in all four museums and can be purchased at the ticket window in the
Grand Lobby. The ticket window has a selection of souvenirs and museum related items. The NEW Shop at the Station opened September 6, 2013 and features
a wonderful collection of museum related items, souvenirs and fine gifts. It is located inside the front entrance near Union Grill.
For delicious dining visit Union Grill Restaurant located in the station just south of the Grand Lobby. Warrens Model Train Shop has expanded and is now located at the south end of the station.
Union Station is owned by Ogden City and operated by the Union Station Foundation, a non-profit 501(c)(3). Donations to our cause of keeping this wonderful and important historic depot alive and well are appreciated
2501 Wall Avenue
Ogden, UT 84401
Monday - Saturday
10:00am - 5:00pm
Closed New Years Day,
Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve & Day
The law designating Ogden Union Station as the official Utah state railroad museum is found in the Utah Statutes, Title 63, Chapter 13, Section 63-13-5.5 (21).
TITLE 63. State Affairs in General.
CHAPTER 13. Miscellaneous Provisions.
SECTION 63-13-5.5. State Symbols.
63-13-5.5. State symbols.
(1) Utah's state animal is the elk.
(2) Utah's state bird is the sea gull.
(3) Utah's state centennial astronomical symbol is the Beehive Cluster located in the constellation of Cancer the Crab.
(4) Utah's state centennial star is Dubhe, one of the seven bright stars composing the Big Dipper in the constellation Ursa Major.
(5) Utah's state centennial tartan, which honors the first Scots known to have been in Utah and those Utahns of Scottish heritage, shall have a pattern or repeating-half-sett of white-2, blue-6, red-6, blue-4, red-6, green-18, red-6, and white-4 to represent the tartan worn anciently by the Logan and Skene clans, with the addition of a white stripe.
(6) Utah's state cooking pot is the dutch oven.
(7) Utah's state emblem is the beehive.
(8) Utah's state fish is the Bonneville cutthroat trout.
(9) Utah's state flower is the sego lily.
(10) Utah's state folk dance is the square dance, the folk dance that is called, cued, or prompted to the dancers and includes squares, rounds, clogging, contra, line, and heritage dances.
(11) Utah's state fossil is the Allosaurus.
(12) Utah's state fruit is the cherry.
(13) Utah's state vegetable is the Spanish sweet onion.
(14) Utah's historic state vegetable is the sugar beet.
(15) Utah's state gem is topaz, as is prominently found in the Thomas Mountain Range in Juab County, Utah.
(16) Utah's state grass is Indian rice grass.
(17) Utah's state hymn is "Utah We Love Thee" by Evan Stephens.
(18) Utah's state insect is the honeybee.
(19) Utah's state mineral is copper.
(20) Utah's state motto is "Industry."
(21) Utah's state railroad museum is Ogden Union Station.
(22) Utah's state rock is coal.
(23) Utah's state song is "Utah This is the Place" by Sam and Gary Francis.
(24) Utah's state tree is the blue spruce.